Briefing ID #: 4809
ALL PRINCIPALS/APS: SOCIAL STUDIES-Justice Teaching Program
Category: For Your Information
||All Principals/APs, All
Curriculum & Instruction, Social
Sciences, is pleased to announce a program from the Florida Supreme Court
that aims to pair every elementary, middle, and senior high school with a
professional from the legal community.
- Curriculum and Instruction, Social Sciences, is pleased to announce
the opportunity for every elementary, middle, and senior high school in
our district to participate in a new program titled, "Justice
Teaching", from the Florida Supreme Court.
- The program began in 2006 as the brainchild of then Florida Supreme
Court Chief Justice R. Fred Lewis with the mission to further
law-related education in the State of Florida.
- The Justice Teaching program is designed to bring the
constitutional doctrines of our government into the classroom by pairing
a member of the legal profession with every elementary, middle, and
senior high school in Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- The volunteer legal professionals are trained and prepared to go
into the classrooms with lesson plans that are proven to engage the
students in exciting exchanges about our justice system and how it
impacts their lives.
- Every school has already been assigned a member of the legal
community to work with.
- In order to find out the name of the professional assign to your
school, you must first register your school information on the Florida
Supreme Court website. To access the registration and more information
regarding the Justice Teaching program:
- Once your school is registered you will be able to access the
volunteer link to find out the name and contact information of the legal
professional assigned to your school.You may contact them directly to
set up school visits or classroom visits.
- The Justice Teaching Representative assigned to our area is the
Honorable Linda Ann Wells, Appellate Judge, for the Third District Court
of Appeals. Any questions regarding the volunteer legal professionals
may be answered by contacting her office at 305 229-3200.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Maria
Elena Sardiņas, District Supervisor, at email@example.com.
||Maria Elena Sardiņas, District Supervisor (
305 995-1982 ) |
||Curriculum & Instruction, Social